Tuesday 13 February 2007

Last few days of city living

Final day in KL before I fly out to Borneo first thing tomorrow morning. Have shifted into a backpacker place after 2 'free' nights of luxury in a fabulous hotel. Oh how I enjoyed the open air swimming pool on 33rd floor. Struggled in from the airport with my ridiculous pack so promptly repacked and sent a package back home. Honestly, a denim mini skirt for a Muslim country/ the jungle.... did I think I was going to Ibiza or something??!

Haven't quite got the hang of the budgeting lark yet. Example: Decide to save money by walking 20 mins from station to hotel in boiling heat with aforementioned ridiculous pack. Then promptly guzzle beer and cashew nuts from hotel mini bar, negating saving just made. Oh well, I guess I have lots of time to practice.

KL is an amazing juxtaposition of western consumerism and eastern culture. There's so much energy here, I'm not surprised business is booming. Here are the pics. http://www.flickr.com/photos/10618273@N00/sets/72157594535025865/

2 comments:

Iain Cassidy said...

Love the picture of you in the blue robe - i didn't realise you were recovering form chemo too.

Sara S said...

Hmm I'm loving the blue robe too!