Monday 19 February 2007

First days in the jungle


Just back from 2 days training in the jungle. A bit too tired to scribble much right now.

Saw a mushroom that glowed in the dark, a plant that closed up when you touched it and the tallest type of bamboo in the world. This was some of my group coming over the wobbly bridge back to the main camp.

We've covered a lot in 2 days and I'm now supposed to know about navigation, emergency first aid, tropical medicine, long drops and basher assembly, amongst other things. As to whether I can practice all of this: let's just say I wasn't the happiest of campers at 6am this morning wrestling with a hammock having just fallen over in the mud and broken my glasses. I think I still have some way to go before I'm Jungle Jane..... More pics here http://www.flickr.com/photos/10618273@N00/sets/72157594544397283/

2 comments:

Michelle L said...

Missus, tell me they're not the glasses that you painstakingly chose to look cool and funky in the jungle ?? The specs that you consulted with a cast of 1000's over? Tell me its not true!

Sara S said...

Oh no! Hannah can you see?