Monday 7 January 2008

Party capital part 3

So off we went tonight for $1 dollar margaritas. Of course the bar is so far away we have to drive, so convince Sarah to lend me her car; she agrees even after I drove it into a snow bank the other night. I agree to be the 'dd', I'm so keen to go out I'm prepared to forgo the alcohol, which is quite frankly a miracle. Jane and I put on make-up and the nicest clothes we can find.

Find the bar which turns out to be a restaurant and we have nine margaritas between six of us for just $9. Getting a good buzz on (love this term, very American!) when the boss realises our table is drinking without food. Shock, horror, anti-Utah drinking laws. So off we go on a drugs run to the State Liquor Store to make our own.

Arrive back at our new friends' place, talk bears, Alaska, rafting, rivers and tele skiing, marvel at the axe in their bathroom and drink serious amounts of tequila (well, Spencer and Jane did, I am having my reward of Baileys now).

It was so much fun. Yes, things are looking up in the party capital.

No comments: