Monday 16 April 2007

Surviving

Back in KK for a couple of nights to pick up the third and final group, I can't believe it's all going so quickly. No internet access in the back of beyond, hence the lack of news. Thanks for the mails, they are making my changeover, I miss all my lovely friends. Highlights so far: the boat ride to work in the morning, getting a cuddle from a lovely lady orang-utan, adopting Martin the monitor lizard as our camp pet, Toby (my fellow project manager) streaking through the woods for a dare, mud sliding down the river bank in the pouring rain, drinking iced Milo after work, sunset over the Kinabatangan river, playing forfeits with some crazy Malaysian guys, doing a mini ceilidh with the locals for my birthday. Which was a bit hot and sweaty but there you go, it was fun. Lowlights: infected mozzie bites, dreadful toothache, crackers and peanut butter for lunch every day, sweltering heat, never being clean and generally feeling like an androgynous being as opposed to a woman. I painted my toenails today and am in as full make-up as I can manage. It is bliss! Back in the land of tinternet proper sometime after the middle of May so will sort out pics then. For some reason I'm grappling with a Norwegian version of blogger. In Malaysia? Not sure what's going on.....

No comments: